Sunday, May 16, 2010

Girls Night Out...One Mom's Night In

So T and Owen went to the ward's Father/Son campout... I was so happy that they were hanging out and doing guy stuff together! It makes me smile to see them together... So off they went. Dogs, tent, backpacks, Bakugan's and all!

They had so much fun...I guess Owen was telling jokes around the campfire (like 15 of them!), bore his testimony, and just chatted with a bunch of the guys! He cracks me up!

When they came home the next day, Owen was sopping wet! I started questioning, and found out that he had slept in his clothes AND snowboots! And that morning had been in the river... so his little feet were all wrinkled from being wet all morning! Oh well... again... he had a BLAST and was happy! So thank you, T, for being a great dad!

So back to my original post... I had big plans to have a fun girls night out or even a girls night in with at least a chick flick and Cafe Rio... but for random reasons, nothing worked out. So this is what I did.

A big glass of cold water... an even bigger pile of laundry to fold... and HGTV!
Not my original plan, but I'm not complaining! No kids, no husband... a little me time! Wahoo!


8 comments:

Sarah said...

my hell Owen is hilarious... I love it! Sorry I contributed to the girls night out not working... I'm sure it was nice to have some time alone anyway...

The Brown's said...

I LOVE LOVE your pile of laundry:) Makes my heart happy to know that i am not the only one with the MOTHER LOAD to fold. Sorry abotu your big night out. Mine didnt turn out that great either. Next year I am totally ON IT!!!

The Tough Sisters said...

Where the hell was Anna?

The Hovers said...

Asleep. Forgot to mention that! Fast asleep all night long... Wahoo!

The Tough Sisters said...

Congrats on your glass of water ....you deserve it! Come to my house and I can show you how to have fun while folding laundry!

Arin said...

Nothing better then HGTV..it can be addictive! Your kids are darling!!

Mom/DeRae said...

EVERY mom deserves a little time to herself even if it's watching HGTV (my favorite channel) while folding laundry. So glad you could have a small reprieve even it wasn't the planned girls night out.

Hannahlou said...

you should have came to my house!