12 am - 3 am: listened to dogs bark, screamed at them out the window, and finally got up with a broomstick and went outside to beat them. Found out that 3 of the dogs (one in particular whose name I won't mention but we all know who it is) dug out of their kennel and were all over the place, causing the other dogs to light up like crazy. Text T with a cuss word or two, hoping that it wouldn't wake him up, but wanting to vent to someone! Rounded up the dogs and got them back into the yard.
3 am - 8 am: Got back into bed and was wide awake. Finally fell asleep, just to have Owen join me. Continually felt him burrow his little feet underneath me. No matter where I was in the bed, he always had to have his feet underneath me somehow.
8 am-9:45 am: Got ready for work. Owen had oatmeal and cinnamon toast with milk. Anna wouldn't eat anything. Tried yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, and bacon. She wanted noodles. Ramen, macaroni & cheese, or spaghetti. I resisted because you can't have noodles for breakfast. Sick! She whined and whined. Finally I got out the Ramen. I want to say that is the first time I have ever "cooked" Ramen anytime before noon. Gross. But she was happy and we plugged along!
9:45 am: Got a ride to work because we sold our truck and I don't have my new vehicle yet.
10 am-5:30 pm: Work. Great. Love it. Made bows for front of store. Checked in new ribbon. Worked on Halloween displays. Blew up balloons. Laminated.
4:00 pm: Got a call from babysitter (Sardee) saying that the dogs have been barking for 1.5 hours and there is one dog (name withheld but we all know who it is) that is on top of the haystack behind our house.
6:00 pm: Get home and Sardee beelines it for the door. She wastes no time getting right the hell out of my house! She mentions that Owen stepped barefoot in dog poo, while Max was crying, so she tried to squirt off his foot... finally putting some "clean" shoes on him so he could come in the house and not track any trace of poo inside. But there still might be some. One of my favorite vases in the bathroom apparently fell and broke at some point in the day... while a neighbor kid was peeing - and it got all over the floor. Owen had wet pants and no one really knew why. He doesn't have "accidents" anymore, so Sardee thought it might have been the neighbors pee? WHAT?
So Owen and I go out to the haystack and try to get Charlie down (there - now you all know who the Hudini dog is). She apparently climbed up but is too scared to jump down. I don't blame her, it's probably 20 feet tall! I try and coax her but she won't come down. Call T. He gives me some instructions on how to get the top bales of hay down without knocking the whole stack down. It involves two very long metal poles...So I get the poles situated and tell Owen to move away while the hay comes tumbling down. I got scared and let go of one of the poles, backed up - and the pole landed right on my foot. Swear word! I guess it could have been worse (like my head!) but my foot is so sore now! Charlie still wouldn't come down. So I left her to starve. Really! I didn't care if she stayed on top of the haystack the whole night and was starving and thirsty. Which is so unlike me! I really do like animals.... even if it doesn't sound like it.
I text T and told him a pole hit me and I'm lying in the haystack with blood dripping off my face.
So T calls a friend and he comes over and helps get Charlie down and the hole fixed in the kennel. Whew! Thank goodness for friends!
6:25 pm: Feed 6 horses.
6:30 pm: Call T and tell him what I think of the whole situation... then come inside and clean the pee off the bathroom floor. Gotta be one of the worst jobs of being a mom!
6:45 pm: Load up the kids in a borrowed vehicle and head to McDonald's for some comfort food!
7:15 pm: Arrive safely at friend Jammie's house to unwind from the day and share stories. Ended up being a pretty great day all in all. Everyone is healthy and happy. Safe and warm. I love my life.
I think that's all. Could be more, but it's a blur of a day. Can't wait til I get my new Jeep, the kennel's are permanently fixed, and shock collars are on and ready to go.
Here's to a new day and some Ramen for breakfast!
p.s. I only write this post so that 20 years down the road when I'm sitting on the couch and bored out of my mind, I will remember the good times!
p.s.s. For Sardee's version of this story check out her blog. Hilarious. I am still laughing. The title of it is "Birth Control"
10 comments:
Dead puppies....
Yep. Pretty much. I never thought of the pee being the neighbor kids.... very well could have been. Good FREAKING night!
I am so glad that I wasn't involved in this.... I might just stay in Salem afterall!
yeah giggled through yours too!
This is hilarious! I think every mom has a story or two like this...I know I do. I chuckled my way through your version then followed the link to Sardee's version. I almost peed my pants, literally! Had to run to the bathroom in the middle cause I was laughing so hard. Keep 'em coming, Em. Love it.
So funny laughing so hard right now! Love you guys both!
Read Sarah's then yours. Laughed so hard through both of them. So glad i know both of you.
Maybe not your favorite day, but sure provided some entertainment for me! You'll appreciate that entry someday like you said. So after I read this, I picked up my baby and was lucky enough to have a blowout all over the place. Lovely. Yes, it is a crazy life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. :)
My initial thought was Dead dogs, dead horses, dead husband...Now it does sseem a little harsh! (but it was a valid thought)
too funny... all I can say is I feel your pain with the whole "Damn Hounds" thing!
Post a Comment