Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Zoo and Body Painting

Here are some pictures of our once-a-year trip to the zoo!


Owen was super excited to get his face painted like a dinosaur!
Owen and Matthew climbing on the lion
This picture tells it all. From the MOMENT we walked into the gates of the zoo, he had his hands on this map and was our little "guide." He had it out the entire time - telling me where all the animals were and wanting to exactly where we were at all times (he gets that from his dad)! He announced to everyone (even the older kids) all the details...


And then we move on to a very messy but fun day!


I gave Anna an entire Red Vine in the car... when we got home, this is what I pulled out of the car! What you can't see is that she got it all over her carseat as well as her new shoes... oh well! She was happy!

Owen and Macie at the start of their body painting experience!
I made some chocolate pudding and let them paint their little hearts out! It was awesome. At one point, the dog was licking Owen's leg, but I don't even think he noticed between licking his fingers and painting his belly!
The body painting with pudding is a must-try if you haven't ever done it. Perfect for those days you are already outside playing in the water! I was on Studio 5 again last week, and this is one of the ideas we showed to help "Celebrate Summer." I still don't love being in front of the cameras, but it really is a fun experience and I am surprised at how many times they have asked us (Pioneer Party) back! Here is the link if you want to check it out...

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Em that is such a great idea with the pudding I have never heard of that. As soon as Conner is older we will definitely have to try that. I am so happy for the publicity that Pioneer is getting.

The Brooks Family said...

Anna looks very pleased with herself! Stai LOVES redvines and I seriously cringe anytime anyone gives her one - she paints her whole body with it!!

Love the pudding idea. We'll have to try it with the girls next year.

Brooke said...

Nice! Bryn and I went to the Zoo a couple of days ago. It was FREAKIN' hot. We just about had heat exhaustion. Looks like you all had a great time. THe body painting looks like fun. Thanks for your fun ideas. I am going to work on being a "cool" mom.