Round-Up Week is something I get all excited about every year! I always remember the good ol days being on a ward float, getting all dolled up to go to the rodeo and meet new guys, sitting with my family and the party gals at the store to watch the parade, the dirt dance after the rodeo... I could go on and on! Now many of these things I don't participate in anymore, but I still get all tingly inside when the American flags are lined up all the way down mainstreet. We had a lot of fun this year...
Anna, Owen and I went to the stock parade all by ourselves... dad was working, marnee home sick - both kids loved all the horses. Anna especially is into horses right now!
Owen and I at the rodeo. We had tickets on Friday night - T was deathly ill, so Papa went with us and was such a trooper! It POURED on us! We were all sopping wet, but totally had fun!
Owen and Anna before the Saturday parade
... Anna adores Marnee
(my dad teases that Anna thinks Marnee is me 'cause we look so much alike)
Great Grandma Gloria - I was so glad she was there with us!
Cute kids!
This picture totally explains Owen and his cousin Macie. She has attitude - and is not afraid to show it. Owen loves to tease her and rolls his eyes when he wants to ignore her!
But yet they are the best of friends and have so much fun together!
After the parade, we ventured to the Family Fun Day at the park...
This swing thing cracked me up! It was a funny set up from the beginning - all sorts of mis-matched swings and a big ol' kid running it. He was so chill that he wouldn't even see kids jumping over the rope to get first picks of the swings. So Owen was first in line and got the last pick of swings. Whatever! I looked over half way thru the ride and he was hanging on for dear life! He had slipped under the "seatbelt" (what there was of it) and was almost dragging along the ground. His hands had the death grip. I watched to see if the guy would notice and stop, but he didn't, so I casually asked how much longer the ride would last. One minute. Hmmmm, a little too long for Owen to hang on! Once the guy saw Owen, I found out that he could move pretty fast! He had it stopped in about 5 seconds. Too funny!
We made the rounds at the park and did just about everything! The kids had a ton of fun and we were all ready to go home for a big nap!
5 comments:
So fu to see the fam. Your mom and dad are adorable. How fun is it to live near Rachel?
lehi does it right!! :) cute post!
That picture of Owen and Maci is hilarious!!!
such cute pictures!!
You must be die hard rodeo fans to last that rain storm:O) Does make for some fum memories.
Thanks for the girls camp survival kit. you really are the best and I appreciate you thinking of me:O)
Love the updates and pictures... even that picture of some old guy. lol
Post a Comment