Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday

First of all - who made up "Thankful Thursday?" I think it is a great idea, so I am typing my first "Thankful Thursday" entry. I have attempted to do this before, but I always get all mushy and I end up cancelling the whole thing!

1. I am thankful for the fact that my husband is home and not going anywhere for at least one week! I have grown used to the time when he is away - I now LIKE sleeping by myself, not worrying about fixing dinner, hanging out at my mom's... BUT, it is REALLY nice to have him home and spending "quality" time together! He always accomplishes a lot of things that I am not able to do. He is re-building the dog kennel so that it is on the side of our house, not in our back yard... he hauled a bunch of trash to the dump...etc. etc... So, thanks honey!

2. I am thankful for being a water aerobics instructor! For as long as we've been married, T has pointed out that I complain a lot about aerobics. It's usually an hour before and I am not wanting to stop what I am doing to go teach... but every time I go, I always LOVE it and end up feeling so much better! I am especially glad that I am still feeling good enough to teach, and I'm glad that it gives me a reason to exercise! I am really hoping that I don't gain 50 lbs with this pregnancy! I'm only at 15 now, so wish me luck!

3. I am thankful for Owen's little "habits:" coming to our bed in the middle of the night and stealing all the space (I don't even wake up anymore when he comes in), telling him story after story about "mommy bear, daddy bear, bunch of baby bears, Macie and Owen, mom - tell that one!" It's funny because sometimes he gets sick of bears, but the phrase is always the same - "mom, tell story about mommy witch, daddy witch, bunch of baby witches..." Sometimes he substitutes worms, instead of bears or witches! I get sick of telling them, but he never does. I am thankful that he still will sit on my lap and snuggle with me - even though it's not as often as it used to be. I am thankful that he says "no thank you" - whether it be about eating his dinner, wearing his seatbelt, or just if I offer him a treat. He always surprises me when he is so polite! I love it.

4. I am thankful for my job at Pioneer Party. I always thought when I graduated with my health degree, I would move on - but there are so many great things about working there that I just don't have the motivation or desire to do so! I love working with the girls there, I love being creative, I love the stress - even though sometimes it seems overwhelming. I love watching people walk out of the store with a huge bouquet of balloons that are so dang cute... I love creating custom gift baskets and knowing that the customer could not go anywhere else and get what they got... I love when it's busy, because I know that I've been doing something right! I could go on and on, but I do love my job! :)

I think I'll end now before I start babbling too much! Hope everyone has a great week!

7 comments:

The Brooks Family said...

You sound very happy - makes me happy for you! Yay for only 15 pounds... brat.

Brooke said...

Thankful Thursday? I have never heard of it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. You are so cute! I loved reading what you are thankful for. It seems that simple everday things are the biggest things! I love it! Thanks for sharing.

kholbro said...

Congrats on your first "Thankful Thursday," I, too have attempted it before but always deleted! I loved reading it!

Anonymous said...

Too cute. I love Thankful Thursday's. Sometimes, though, I can't find anything to be thankful for. That's when you type it and retype it. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Mag Family said...

I am glad you enjoy cuddling with Owen because pretty soon he will be 13 and you don't want him to sit on your lap because he is to heavy:) Actually,They don't want to cuddle. So, enjoy it as long as you can make him.

Britt said...

Sounds like you have such a nice life and family. You guys are darling.

GREENLAW said...

very cute post... it's so fun to hear about your life, and it sounds great! :)