Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Surprise


So I woke up this morning at 6:30 with T telling me that there were 2 raccoons in the garage, and "don't let Owen put his finger in the cage 'cause they will bite." OK........? At first I thought I was dreaming, then I heard him say, "and I've already fed, so don't worry about feeding them." OK Honey, I think,- like feeding the raccoons that amazingly arrived at our house last night was on my "to-do" list today!!! I am to the point that it doesn't surprise me that T just caught some raccoons and brought them home, and I'm actually excited that Owen gets to see some wildlife. I guess he caught them in a live trap in a field right by our house, and is going to let the hound dogs practice with them. Don't worry, he has assured me that they won't die. Even though I'm not sure that I believe him. Owen was SO EXCITED all day today about the raccoons. He kept going in and out of the garage, squatting down next to the cage and just looking. He told everybody at church, and had to call Macie on the phone and tell her. So... Owen and T are going in the morning on their first raccoon chase, so wish them good luck! (the raccoons, not Owen and T!)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh boy! How did it all go? Rae told me about the raccoons today. And she said that they carry diseases. Wild animals in general carry diseases right? I miss you and REALLY we have got to get together for lunch.

Britt said...

I love that your hubby was assuring you that he had fed the wild animals in the garage so you didn't have to worry about it. Hope all went well on the practice run (for the racoons, of course).