On Friday night, I was bound and determined to color Easter eggs as a happy family! Keep in mind that I haven't colored Easter eggs for a long time. I had been out and about all day and kept putting off going to the grocery store for eggs... so I called T to have him pick some up on his way home. He informed me that he was covered in horse sh*&t and would stop at the gas station, but not the grocery store. Fine. So I got my coloring kits out to get ready, and found out that I needed vinegar. Hmmmm... no vinegar in the house! So I called mom and dad... they brought some over! Yey! We can start. It is only 9:30 pm! So much for putting Owen to bed at a regular time each night. We got the cups out, the 9 eggs I had left in the fridge (the gas station didn't have any), and we started coloring Easter eggs! Owen FREAKING LOVED IT!!! He bypassed the spoons and dippers and used his bare hands to get the eggs in and out of the cups. He would lean over the cups and grab an egg, look for another cup to put it in (but they were all full), so he would grab another egg, and then switch them! He didn't just gently put them in the cups, either, there was definitely a SPLASH involved each time he switched eggs!! He acted like he was a professional artist - he was so into it, and did NOT want to stop! Where we only had 9 eggs and I didn't really want all of them brown, we ended way too soon for Owen. He was SO PROUD of his eggs! His one hand was completely green - and he thought that was cool 'cause he looked like Shrek! He asked all day Saturday to color more eggs... fun fun! I love all of these little "firsts" that I get to see Owen experience!
1 comment:
I LOVE the green hand! They were pink and blue at my house!
Post a Comment