Monday, March 17, 2008

Another new addition to the fam

Oh my goodness! The day has finally came... we have a deer head mount hung in our front room! Remember when T went to Texas to hunt the fallow deer? Well, the taxidermist got finished last night, so T drove today to pick it up. He was so excited!!! It actually looks really nice, although I told him that there will be a limit to the number of animals mounted in our front room. I would prefer 0, but I have to compromise, so I told him that the humans living in our house have to outnumber the dead animals!! That's fair, right? This includes just horns (no heads), so he will be taking down some horns from our kitchen ledge ASAP. :) I will post a pic soon, so everyone can admire it as much as we do! :)

5 comments:

About Me said...

Hey Em! Have you recovered from the wonderful cruise? I'm finally getting back to normal! Well I just wanted to ask if T if he would like my wooden eagle to adorn his soon to be mounted deer? Just let me know and we will let you borrow it! :) Talk to you soon! p.s. I'm glad you're blogging again!

The Brooks Family said...

FINALLY! A blog from Emily!! I think your human to animal ratio idea is great... good thinking! Welcome home and happy blogging!

Anonymous said...

Emily- Welcome the up-to-date blog world. I was wondering what happened to you. Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family.

I remember my first night of sleeping in Jay's house and how scary it was that so many eyes were looking at me. Good luck.

Sara said...

holy #$%&! I was't even going to check to see if you have updated. I am so glad. Welcome back!

Brooke said...

Emily! You are so great! I love reading your stories. I feel that your compromise is great! It sounds like T agreed. Nice!!