We had to say goodbye to the Mills family.
At first when we moved into the neighborhood, they were known to us as "the family in the blue house just kitty corner from us." Not too long after that, we met Collin. He is about 2 years older than Owen, but they hit it off pretty fast. Lucy is Owen's age, then there's Ruby and Emma (who's Anna's age). So we had a lot of friends to play with at any given time!
This last summer Owen and Collin seriously played EVERY SINGLE day AS MUCH as we would let them! They played legos, lincoln logs, cars, Wii, made huts, and who knows what else!
Fast forward to the night before they moved. We got a little "letter writing box" ready for Collin with a personalized notepad, some treats for the drive to Idaho, some envelopes, pencils, and a note from Owen to Collin. We delivered it together and they were so cute - ALL smiles and just so naive and loving.
I cried and cried! I can't believe how sentimental I am - I couldn't stop thinking of all the fun memories they had had together, and how sad it was that they were moving away. But Owen hasn't complained that he is gone, and I'm sure Collin is doing great too! I am about to cry just typing about it.
Molly (the mom) is such a super nice lady. Totally laid back and easy going. I will miss our random talks in the front yard.
Anna also loved playing with the girls. She thought it was so fun to have friends over like Owen.
I seriously don't know if I ever saw Collin smile so big! He seemed excited and I'm glad he felt special that night.

1 comment:
So sweet. You are so creative! I wish we lived closer, because I miss having people to be fun & creative with!
Post a Comment