Well, I'm pretty sure Anna is going to end up with all of the above PLUS some.
Today Anna started a kitchen fire.
And yes, I have been known to have started a few of those in my days.
To make a scary story a little less scary, this is how it all went down.
T outside building a fence.
Kids outside freezing.
Send kids inside. Owen watch Anna.
T check on kids every few minutes.
Owen runs out screaming the microwave is burning.
T runs in. Anna on chair by microwave.
Flames inside & smoke everywhere.
Granola bar inside microwave is now a pile of ashes.
Not exaggerating at all.
As soon as I find my camera, I will post pics of the whole disaster.
Not sure how long the granola bar was cooking...
I came home at 4:00 to a house with all the windows wide open. Heater off, and house is 54 degrees. Still smells like burnt granola bar. Mint chocolate chip to be exact. Gross.
I am so extremely grateful that Anna didn't open the microwave door. The flames would have hit her little face and it would have been disastrous.
Cute little Owen told dad what was going on, then ran out to the pine tree, where he has been instructed to meet us if there ever is a fire.
I am just glad that everyone is safe. And maybe, just maybe... I can use my flinstone feet to walk my wide hips down to Costco and buy a new microwave... :)
6 comments:
That IS scary! I'm glad your kids are safe. That's awesome that Owen went out to the tree. He is such a smart kid!
Don't worry about Flintstone feet... Aaron should know it runs in our family. Cherai has MAJOR Flintstone feet! ha ha
And hey, the bright side of this story... you get a new microwave! Hooray! :)
Love this post! I don't love that you had a fire, but love the Mom like daughter comparisons, love that Own knew what to do in a fire and I am so glad you are all ok!
Ditto to all of the above and then some. So proud of Owen and relieved that Anna wasn't hurt or that your house didn't burn down. I have to admit after knowing how everything turned out, I couldn't help but laugh at the whole scenario.:)
As for mother like daughter, . . I hear ya. Unfortunately, I ended up with the best of BOTH my parents . . Dad's broad shoulders, chubby cheeks, fat hands and no waist (all very becoming to a 'girl') and my Mom's large hips. Do you think I could have gotten Mom's beautiful slender fingers and curvy waist and Dad's narrow hips? Oh, no! Not a chance!:) I do have slender ankles, though!
Wow! The funniest part is Owen running out to the tree. I can't even stand it! Now he needs to learn to take Anna with him.... and yeah, you pretty much are a clone of mom...
good thing she is cute!
Hey! I resent the wide hip-wide feet- wild woman picture you have painted of me! Not that it's not all true but you don't need to tell the whole freaking world!
Post a Comment