1. Owen is dead set on having a lemonade stand SOON. Like TODAY. I keep putting him off, 'cause it's not warm enough yet! But tonight, it's planned. He was on a roll. He found a stake and a hammer, and pounded it into the grass outside. We then made a sign. He wanted "lemonade stand" and I wanted "snack stand" ('cause we're going to have snacks as well!). So we ended up with "Lemonade & Snack Stand." Anyhow, Owen was writing his small letter "t" and said,
"Mom, if some little kid comes to our lemonade stand, he might think this small "t" is an "x" and if he does, I'll just tell him that it's not really an "x" - it's just a small "t.""
Cracked me up. It was actually a little more dramatic and he went off about it a bit more than I explained. We then got the table outside and two chairs all set up. All we need now is some sun, balloons (to tell people we're having a sale), some fliers taken around, and some people to come!!
2. It's T's birthday today and he is working at the station. On the ambo. Had to go to the Jr. High for an assembly, and the whole darn school sang "happy birthday" to him. Twice! We took him some balloons, a poster, some treats, and his favorite cake. The kids sang to him and helped him blow out his candles. I love you, babe!!
3. Charlie keeps jumping out of the kennel - over the 8 foot vinyl fence. She is in heat right now, AND she beat up my Tess dog the other day, so she's been chained up. I felt bad for her, and unchained her tonight while she was eating. Was supposed to chain her back up before I came into the house, and forgot. Next thing I know, there is barking. Oh shit! I went out there, and couldn't find her. Damn dog. I got a flashlight and looked in all the dog houses, just to make sure. No Charlie. It's freaking 30 degrees. Owen comes with, and we start looking. All over the freaking neighborhood, and field. ONE HOUR of looking and yelling for her. T is SO PISSED. Has to bring his crew over to help. Ready to kill her if she DOES come back... We finally give up. I went out to the kennel to triple check, and found her hiding in one of the boxes. I had to drag her out. She did NOT want to get chained up again, I guess. So annoying. BAD. Owen was cute to help, though... what a little trooper!
2 comments:
That's awesome! I love that you helped Owen get ready for a lemonade stand - you are an awesome mom. I read the first three words of your post... "Owen is dead" - I had to do a double take and then keep reading... I was freaked out for a couple seconds there... ha ha! Sometimes my brain doesn't process right!
Happy Birthday Aaron! I love that the whole Jr. High sang to him. That's so cool. And I'm glad you found your dog. Sometimes we have to tie our dog up too and she does the same thing when she gets to be let go for a while. It really stinks.
I LOVE that Owen T Hover!!! What a precious little guy he is . . and what a great Mom you are!
Ginger always says it so well. Ditto on the second paragraph. I think my heart is too tender to deal with the dog situation. I don't know how you do it!
Post a Comment