Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us!

On July 18, 2003, T and I were married! So that makes this year our... 7th anniversary. We decided to go to Park City for the day. So what happens next is typical for us: T decides to go bear hunting in the morning - it's the only free day he has in the next two weeks you know. (note my sarcasm). So I decide we are leaving no later than noon. If we happens to be chasing a bear and is stuck on top of the mountains looking for bears or dogs - oh well! The Anniversary Bus leaves at noon, and if he isn't on it - well, he would never hear the end of it.

So as I drive up to the house from church, I was pleasantly surprised that he is home AND ready to go! Wow... I truly wasn't expecting that! We actually had a GREAT day... I repeat. GREAT. Loved it. We shopped on Park City's main street outdoor fair, took a ride up the mountain, ate at Training Table (#1 favorite) and also Red Lobster (#2 favorite). I can't get over their halibut. Oh so yummy! We also scoped out some bike trails for our next Park City trip.




This is funny. I told T a few weeks before our Anniversary that I would love to make a tradition out of having a carrot cake on our anniversary every year. That is what our wedding cake was - and by the time we got done with our reception line - all we tasted of it was what was smashed in each other's faces! So being a sweet little husband, he called his sister Kelli and she whipped up an amazingly tasty carrot cake. I seriously LOVED it. Ate almost all of it myself, in fact! But note the "Happy 8 Years" message. See first line of post. He got a little mixed up. He said he was counting the year we met. Too funny!

This is what I woke up to that day.
What a sweetie. Thanks hon!

3 comments:

Mom/DeRae said...

So glad it was a happy day!:)

Rebecca said...

Wow. He did a great job. I am so glad that you had a great anniversary.

Sarah said...

you like halibut?