Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Quiet Game

Last night Owen and I ran to the store... It had been a long day - a sleepover, up early to a breakfast and parade, outside playing, a trip to the swimming pool, etc, etc...

So on the way home from the store, all I wanted was just some silence. Owen, Macie, and Anna had been non-stop talking my ear off all day... so I told Owen, "Mom has to think really hard about something, so we're going to play the quiet game until we get home, ok?"

"Ok" he says. About 3.5 seconds later, he says, "PAUSE. Mom, when someone wants to say something to someone else in this game, they can, k? Unpause."

About 5 seconds pass. Owen says "PAUSE. Mom, what are you thinking so hard about?"

So as you can see, the Quiet Game didn't really last long!

3 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

That's hilarious. He sounds like quite the character! What a cute kid.

The Tough Sisters said...

LOL he really didn't say "unpause" did he!!

What a nerd!1

Sarah said...

don't - he is so funny!