Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lehi Round-Up Days: Stock Parade & Rodeo

I absolutely LOVE this week in Lehi! I'm still trying to persuade my hubby to have the same passion that I have for it... but we did have a blast this year!

The kids LOVED the stock parade and rodeo... which made it fun for us! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Anna especially loves the horses... but was distracted when her snow cone came!
Owen thought the motorcycles were the coolest thing ever...! I was surprised that we actually made it through the whole thing... last year we left before "halftime" even came! So that tells how much fun we were having...


At one point Owen gave his snow cone to T to hold for a sec, and said "Don't you even take one single bite, dad!" It was pretty funny!

Anna is definitely a daddy's girl...

Papa & Anna at the parade...

Their attempt at putting their hands on their hearts when the American Flag came past...

Call me old fashioned... but all these flags + the horses = tears to my eyes!

Our cute little family...

My little ham...


Gol, I think she is so darn cute!! Loved the RWB outfit and headband... and notice the silver shoes... I can barely stand it!

Little Max at his first Stock Parade...
Here are Sarah's comments about the Stock Parade...

I just need to throw in a few tidbits here. I cannot stand when people WrItE LiKe ThIs oN Facebook like they are in 7th grade. And say things like "whateva" and "kool". Come ON. And the horse parade. I will not dive into my true deep feelings, but the whole thing is really quite weird. I think it is absolutely insane that you can just sign up and jump on a horse and be in a parade. People will paint thier horse and dress up, etc. One girl always paints her horse pink and dresses in P.J.'s. What the hell does that mean?? Then the "Riding Clubs". They are never 'on' and always shuffling around. You always have 3 or 4 biggie ladies with huge BIF's. This year there were even people just full on walking - no horse. It's a HORSE parade. At least be touching a horse. This time there was a big break between riders and this chubby kid came full on galloping down, like fast, with breast cancer signs painted on his horse, and he was all intense, it was freaking funny. You had to see it. Anyway, i could really go on and on. Don't misunderstand, I love horses, just love them in a pasture or at a rodeo.

YEEHAW!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

wow. lots of info. don't even know what to say.

kholbro said...

Anna is so cute...I can hardly stand it too!!! Loved the silver shoes! :)

Mom/DeRae said...

I LOVE the pictures (all of them)! Makes me feel like I'm a 'little bit' there . . how I wish I was!!!! Love and miss you guys SO MUCH!!! Hope you're doing something fun for the 4th.

Hannahlou said...

i love anna's clothe and headband, darn cute