So the following is a post from my sis's blog... last year. I re-read it today and couldn't stop laughing! I wanted to share... it's worth the read! - Em
"PLUS SIZE" BULLCRAP
So I am on the hunt for a swimsuit. Last year it took me a good 2 months and I ended up with pretty much an expensive tank top and running shorts. Anyway, We are going to Yuba for the 4th and I thought I'd better get started. For all you biggies out there, you know what kind of crap options for clothing we have. I swear there is just some jerk of a guy making all this mumu crap in obnoxious sizes and no shape thinking to himself, "Eh, if they are in this size in the first place, nothin is going to make them look good. Let's just drape this horrible shapeless mumu thing made of whatever fabric we can find, preferrably the ugliest possible, slap some pockets in it for the fatties to stuff their twinkies and ship it to Wal-Mart....." Just encouraging ugliness. Seriously, did you ever think, if some idiot didn't make this crap, there wouldn't be as many ugly people. Don't even give them an option for wearing this. Really. Click on the pic, enlarge it, look close. There is NO need for this kind of clothing.

Anyway, I went to Target, Khols, WalMart, Lane Bryant, JCPenney, Ross, even online and this sums up the choices I have:

The one piece black skirt with neon flowers

Here, they mix it up with the one piece non-skirt, neon flowers

And finally, the one piece black skirt, featuring full floral print! (notice how the model is holding the skirt out. She seems sad and listless, like she knows how stupid she looks. She's thinking to herself "Here it is, your options once you hit the bigtime....)
WHATEVER!!! This seriuosly just makes me want to give myself a pap smear with a cheese grater. Yes, dramatic, but this is more dramatic of a situation than some may think. We (the biggies) clearly already have a problem, why can't we make the best of it instead of making it worse? Ugh!!! After many hours online, I came up with this suit that I think I'll get. I am not the kind of gal that buys things w/o trying them on, but apparently I don't have much of a choice.

Now the search is on for board shorts........
"PLUS SIZE" BULLCRAP, CONTINUED
I imagined this would happen, but I was trying to be optimistic. This washed out colored parachute elastic waistband rubbish pretty much sums up my last 2 hours.

I am so pissed off right now.
LOL! You're awesome, Sardee! Love ya!
4 comments:
seriously one of the funniest post I have ever read!! Laughed so hard! I will never look at a cheese grater the same:)hahahaha
Owl always be grateful for all your hard work!
Thanks for giving a Hoot about my daughter!” saw this teacher appreciation idea and thought of you.
That is hilarious! Thanks for posting that... your sister is too funny!
TORRID.COM
trendy styles but you can find great basics & tasteful items here. they have plenty of stores as well.
Post a Comment