Owen was SO SUPER excited about going to school.
He has seen many of his friends go off to school leaving him home with mom...so with much excitement he started preschool at Kreative Kids!
He was all excited to have a Batman shirt and a Spiderman backpack...
Every day the kids choose their name out and put it on the "I'm Here" board.
Owen really likes to be the first one there.
His teacher, Miss Kristi, has been one of my best friends since 5th grade...so it has been nice to know that he is in good hands.
Some cute things he has done/said since preschool has started:
-He is singing a ton! I always thought he was shy when it came to singing, but Miss Kristi informed me that he is definitely the LOUDEST singer and he loves to sing ALL the songs he has learned in school to us at home. I love it!
-The other day he wanted to walk to school all by himself. Since it is a little far away, we compromised and I dropped him off at the corner and watched him walk to Kristi's house. It was so "grown up" of him... and he loves being able to do more and more things like that.
-He was apparently the "star student" the other day when class was all about Fire Safety. He knew the answers to all the questions... what to do if you're caught on fire (STOP, DROP AND ROLL! he shouted), what to do if fire is in your house (run outside to the big tree!), what number do you call in case of an emergency (911!)... and even the song they learned that day involved Owen's dad being a firefighter.
-The kids in class can earn tickets for good behavior but can also have them taken away. The first day of school Owen was outside waiting on the grass for someone to pick him up. Papa pulled up and yelled out the window for him. He didn't budge. Papa got out and walked towards him...again, he didn't budge. Papa had to walk over to Owen and actually touch him to get him to stand up and come to the car. I guess Miss Kristi had said one of the rules was to wait until someone came and got you from the grass - or you would lose a ticket. He takes rules very literal and seriously!
-When I asked Owen what he did his first day of school... I got an answer that lasted about one minute with a million words. "We got to paint and had a treat and I got TWO TICKETS and I made lots of friends and we played outside and I won EIGHTEEN races!" It went on and on like that - so cute!
-Owen insisted he bring Reeses PB Cups to school when it was his turn for snacks. I think Miss Kristi was looking more for crackers/cheese or apple slices... but oh well!
I know, that's a lot of writing, but I don't want to forget all these cute little things.
3 comments:
Oh Em . . I can't believe he's such a big boy now. I have such a tender spot in my heart for him. Thanks for the pictures and updates. It makes me feel like I can at least share in the joys of his life . . just a little . . even if it's from a distance. And yes . . there are tears . . of joy for him and the exciting events of his life . . and sadness for me that I can't be closer. Love you guys so much!!!
I'm so glad Owen loves school - I love having him in my class this year! And, for the record, we didn't meet until 6th grade! :)
I don't know how I missed this post. That is so fun. I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog address it is SteveandBecca.blogspot.com.
Post a Comment