Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Random-ness!

I just realized I haven't blogged for a few weeks...but I don't have any BIG think to blog about!  So here are some random pics that I thought were cute.


Owen freaking LOVES to cook - especially cookies, brownies, and shrimp dip!  He definitely didn't get those favorites from his mom!  teehee

Mom and Anna swinging at Aunt Rae Rae's house!  She doesn't looked thrilled in the picture, but she really was enjoying herself!  

Owen on his first "moterhycle" ride.  He did awesome!  No training wheels, just dad running behind him!  I am guessing it won't be too long before dad buys him one of his own. 


So here is some more "random-ness" for you:

- We have SO MUCH enjoyed the weather lately!  I find myself outside reading, weeding, walking, or biking when I really should be doing laundry, dishes, etc.  Oh well!  

-Anna has yet another double ear infection.  Poor girl.  We have an appointment this week to hopefully get into an ENT doctor.  I'm not looking forward to a surgery, but I hear putting tubes in makes a world of differerence.

-I was on Studio 5 again today for the party store... I just have to say that I am way excited for the store to have such great publicity, but it sure it nerve racking to be up there in front of all the cameras!  And can I just say that it is hard to watch yourself stumbling for words!  But it is a great experience, so I am not complaining.

-We are getting ready for a week long camping trip.  I am looking forward to most of it... not the laundry and mess afterwards...  If anyone has any fun ideas for Owen to do while camping, let me know.  I know we will have lots of fun things to see and do - but a whole week kind of makes me nervous!  

5 comments:

The Brown's said...

Wow you are a brave women for camping for a whole week!I hope you have a great time.

You were AWESOME on Studio 5 I just linked over and watched it. I thought you did great!!! You looked fantastic and you shared some really cute ideas:O)

Heidi said...

Sorry to hear Anna keeps having ear infections. My fabulous old school pediatrition told me this information when Heather was a baby with several ear aches and it works. Even if you don't do all of them...definitely do the first two...
1. Take her off all sugar and dairy products until its cleared up. (Sugar supresses the immune system so she isn't able to fight off the infection as well and dairy causes excess mucus which slows the healing process too.)
2. Go to the health food store and get Probiotics. I buy mine at www.beeyoutiful.com. Their product is called Tummy Tuneup. Anytime she's been on antibiotics, it depletes the immune system and the good flora in the gut...so, she's much more suseptible to sickness. The probiotics replenish the good flora. You just open the capsule and sprinkle on her food.
3. Rub garlic oil on the bottoms of her feet several times a day. (Mince a clove of garlic into 1/4 cup of warm olive oil and let sit for 30 minutes. Strain the garlic out of the oil and keep in the pantry for up to a week.) I've found that Grapefruit Seed Extract works the same and doesn't have any smell...(they're both natural antibiotics.) Find GSE at the health food store.
Hope you can use this info. I've been using it for years when I feel an ear ache coming on and have never had a full blown case or even one that lasted more than 24 hours...without seeing a doctor. We'll continue to pray for her.

Anonymous said...

Hey Em- I love the Studio 5 spots. You did great.
Speaking from experience....I have a recommendation for an ENT! We put tubes in Hadlee's ears at 7 weeks old. It was the best thing ever. We went to Dr. David Hill. His office is in SugarHouse and he does surgery out of Primary Children's. But aside from the drive it was awesome. He is amazing and the results were immediate!!! Good luck it is so difficult with a child that can't tell you that they hurt!

Arin said...

Your kids are getting so big...they are darling! Have fun on your camping trip! Tell your Dad hi for me!

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily- It's McKell. I spotted your blog from Jen's. Thought I would say Hi- I'm amazed at what similar lives it looks like we live-lol. Hound dogs, bear hunts and motorcycles- who would have thought?