We went camping in the La Sals mountains this weekend (down by Moab). I guess in the spring there are about 6 weeks where it is legal to chase bears, so a bunch of T's buddies go down and spend a month or so chasing bears. Anyhow, we loaded up the kids, the 6 dogs, a trailer, and our UTV and were off! We kind of looked like the Beverly Hillbillies (which wouldn't be our first time looking like them)!
I can't even describe how much fun we had! We all absolutely loved it. It was so nice to be away from the city, have no set schedule, enjoy the scenery, the fire, food, good company, etc.!! Owen seriously thought he had died and gone to heaven. We went on many adventure walks, threw rocks in the river (they had to be BIG or he didn't want to bother), played with his soccer ball, flew a kite, painted rocks, built a stage to perform on, gathered wood, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, and slept! Owen is not normally a great sleeper, but he slept a good 11-12 hours both nights we were there. He played his little heart out.
And Anna! She was such a trooper! She was happy the entire time. She looked like a little eskimo most the time, all bundled up, but she kept warm and just loved being a part of everything. She especially liked being in the stroller with Owen.
On a side note, between 3 families, there were about 26 dogs. And no, I am not kidding!! 6 of those were puppies...and they loved chasing Owen around the camp site.
We didn't find any bears this trip, but we are going again in a few weeks, so hopefully I can post some pictures of a real "wild" bear! (I have never seen one in the wild)
7 comments:
As always, I love the pics. Looks like you had a lot of fun! I'm so glad you could get away and spend some time together!
PS: Sorry about the deleted posts . . was typing too fast, etc.. (I had no idea it would show that I deleted them).:) Actually, I'm trying to set a record to see how many times I can delete this!:)
Looks so fun! My kids would love to do something like that!!! Vaughn on the other hand, probably not!! :)
How fun! I have never been camping but it sounds like a blast! What a fun world you live in! What a fun world Owen lives in. You guys are great parents.
I love ALL your pics and your blog page! :)
Post a Comment