Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Circus

Owen clapped and screamed with excitement the entire time!  

Our attempt at a family self-portrait!
(Anna's bow had fallen off - so yes, her headband did have a point!)

Enjoying his snowcone...sucking all the juice out first!

The biggest elephant ever!  If I were to join the circus, I would want to be the elephant trainer!  They are so cool!

This bear sat on a bench and took pictures with people sitting right next to him!  He was eating handfuls of Raisin Bran the entire time!


Oh my goodness!  I can't even begin to explain the excitement surrounding our trip to the circus!  It started with a package in the mail with a flier and some free tickets...Owen immediately started handing out tickets...to everyone and anyone that came to our house!  He loves organizing and being in charge, so he had them all lined up on the table and in groups!  We weren't even sure we were going to go at that point!  Anyway, we had a free night last week and were on our way.  We decided to let Owen choose where we ate for dinner.  He chose ice cream.  Since he has been such a good boy and it was his special day, he got ice cream for dinner!  We then went to the circus, found our seats, and then the real fun began!  When the lights turned out and the music started playing, Owen's face was priceless.  The rest of the night was magical (as magical as a white trash circus can be)!  It actually was really cool.  They had lions & tigers jumping through fire, pictures with a bear, pink and blue poodles riding scooters, elephants rides (couldn't talk Owen into it - although I REALLY wanted to!), motorcycle riders in a round ball cage (3 at a time), trapeze artists, magic stunts - and numerous other tricks and events.  Don't forget the snowcone and cotton candy.  Anna just sat and stared.  She wasn't even chewing on anything, which is huge!  She took a nap once, ate once, and loved watching all that was going on. When the show was over, T and I were gathering up our stuff, and I turned to see Owen just sitting on his chair.  "Come on, let's go," I said.  "I don't want it to be over, mom!  I want to watch the circus all night!"  He seriously did NOT want to leave.  He has talked about it a lot this past week.  I actually am excited to go next time the circus is in town!   

7 comments:

The Brown's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Brown's said...

What a fun time!!! My kids thought it was awesome too!

You did a great job on studio 5 last week! Your famous:O)

The Brooks Family said...

I missed this... where was the circus? I'm glad you (Owen) had so much fun!!

GREENLAW said...

cute post! we've never been to a circus... sounds like we might need to try it! :)

Mike and Nic said...

Sounds like you guys had tons of fun. We'll have to take Mylie to the circus next time it comes.

Brooke said...

I just checked out Pioneer Party blog and it is VERY cute and informative. I feel like I TOTALLY missed out for Valentines day. I have got to get "more on it"!

Owen is so dang cute. Your family portrait is so dang cute too! EM, YOU are so dang cute and I just love ya!

kholbro said...

How fun...call me next time you are going. I've always wanted to take my kids to the circus!