One of my goals this year is to blog a little more about our everyday "happenings" and not just the big events... Since I don't keep a journal, this blog is the closest thing I have to a record of our family! So here is what has been going on lately...
-We have been to the doctor WAY too many times to even count the past few weeks! I took Owen in suspecting he had an ear infection, and he didn't. T took him in last week, and he had double ear infections! So he has been on antibiotics for a week now -
-I took Anna in last Saturday and she also has double ear infections! She has been on antibiotics also... but today I had the hunch that neither of them were getting any better! I took them both back and they both STILL have the infections! So we switched up both medicines and are crossing our fingers! I feel bad for both of them - they are both miserable (along with their sleep deprived mom)!
-Owen just got done with Itty Bitty Basketball. He LOVED it! He did a really good job...he stood directly under the hoop to get the rebounds...he ran around and acted like spiderman on defense (which scared the other team I think!)...he made sure he was adequately hydrated (he insisted on having a drink 5 x each session!)...and most important - I think he felt special having something JUST FOR HIM. He has watched Macie (his cousin) play soccer, be in pre-school graduations...he has been patient with me having to pay so much attention to Anna...so it was fun to have him be the star of the show this time. I will post pictures of this soon!
-I about lost my mind the other day. I had scouts at my house. (need I say more?) So I have 8 kids at my house... only 3 of them are scouts. In the hour we made puppets (for the 2nd week in a row?! Why puppets! I hate puppets! Why does this have to be a requirement?), listened to harmonicas, drums, keyboards, screaming, shooting guns, crying, whining - all while trying to hold a conversation with the other scout leader or one of the scouts. Wow. I have never been so close to being asked to be released! I was starving when everyone left and my house was an absolute disaster. You don't even know! Anna was crying, Owen was wanting dinner. So we take care of that... then we do baths. I decided to save time and energy, we will all get in the bath together (T is at work, FYI). So we are in for maybe 10 minutes and Anna has a pretty large amount of "kucka" come out (she has diarhea from her medicine). It is floating all over. Sorry to be so graphic but it was bad. So we are sopping wet moving from one bathroom to the other without getting the house dirty and without freezing! Owen wants another bath and starts whining when I tell him we are just showering off. Then the hound dogs start howling. I am yelling at them thru the bathroom window while trying to open it. It is frozen shut or I am just retarded... I finally get it open and my kids are staring at me like I am crazy! ALL I WANT IS SOME PEACE AND QUIET!!! Is that too much to ask for? We ended the night with coughing... all night...... I called my sister and asked if I could take a double dose of my Zoloft. I'm better now though, in case anyone is worried!
-We had a really FUN day the other day! We had Owen's last day of Itty Bitty Ball...we came home and had a play date at our house...then we went sledding with Macie and Marnee...then Owen went swimming with Uncle Benj and Aunt Sardee! How lucky can one kid be?
-T has been guiding hunts for an outfitter for the past few years, but this year he has started his own outfitting business where he is specializing in lions and bears. He took a hunter out last week and found and shot a lion. Yey! I was proud of him - and it was nice to see some $$ come in from those darn hound dogs! We have 6 dogs right now - so I am always on T's case about all the upkeep of all those dogs! But it really was fun to see the pictures/videos of how the whole hunt went down. The picture of the bear is one they found this fall. Isn't it crazy to think of all those "tigers and bears" that are right in our backyards?
Here are some pictures...




4 comments:
Oh, the bathtub story had me laughing. Scount, kids, no hubby and then the kucky. Oh the joys of motherhood!
Emily- I am so glad that you found me! I LOVED your post! I am so sorry about the kucky!!! LOL
I was a little worried about you when I picked Preston up from scouts. He totally loves you so please don't ask to be released. I totally understand the crazyness of it though. I am glad we can keep in touch:O)
I feel ya on the ear infection stuff. Mylie had one for over a month. Three medications later...we THINK it's gone! I hope they both get better soon!!!
Em, your kids are so cute. It's so crazy this stage of life we're both in. Kids sure do keep us on our toes! I guess we just have to hang in there, especially when it seems that our houses will never be quiet.
Post a Comment