Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Traditions!








It just dawned on me that I didn't ever write about our rodeo and parade fun! I LOVE TRADITION... any kind, any sort. Holiday parties, weekly rituals - and of course, the Lehi Rodeo and the parades.

This year wasn't any different - We all sat in front of the store in our "reserved" seats with our Mt. Dews and Diet Cokes and talked and laughed. The parade isn't all that great, but the kids loved it! Owen was actually in it with Papa Fire Guy and Dad in the fire truck - but that only lasted about half way thru the route. When he saw everyone sitting out in front of the party store, he wanted to get out and play! So he got the best of both worlds. In the fire truck he got to throw candy out (a lot of it ended up in his lap or mouth first) and wave to everyone- and then he got to watch the rest of the parade, too!

He absolutely LOVED the marching bands! He would dance and jump and march until he couldn't hear them anymore - even though they were 5 blocks away! It was hilarious.

After the parade, we went to the rodeo. Between the cows, horses, clowns, snowcones, hamburgers, licorice ropes, and dancing/kicking in the dirt, we were ready to go about half way thru! The kids had a blast - and I wouldn't have missed it, not because I really truly like it - but if you live in Lehi, you have to go to the rodeo! (I dragged my hubby and Papa and Sardee) What else can I say? FUN TIMES!! :)

4 comments:

kholbro said...

Cute pictures! I especially liked the one of your dad in the pink cowboy hat!

Britt said...

I also loved the one of Uncle Dale in the pink cowboy hat. It suits him well! The one of you and T is darling as well. I love traditions, too.

Brooke said...

You guys look so dang cute! I love traditions and Holidays too! This year we didn't do anything. So, the tradition was broke. Although I must say that I REALLY liked do nothing.

Hope you are doing well. You look like you are doing great! I miss you!

GREENLAW said...

good times!! i have fond memories of parade and rodeo in lehi... it's fun to see your mom and dad on there!