Wow! We had a great weekend! Here are some highlights...
- We saw the firetrucks in action! They were doing some training and we happened to pass them on the freeway - so we did a major u-turn and went to watch them. They had the water out and everything! Owen loved it!
- Owen and I went to Jumping Jacks with Macie and Rae... oh my goodness! Owen is still talking about it. I had a couple of "mishaps" trying to help Owen have a grand old time - and I ended up sore the next day! (maybe I'm getting old?)
- Rae took Owen for the night on Saturday so I could enjoy my birthday...! At first I was a little sad to leave him for the night, but the sadness soon left! I went and got a Roxberry Juice with Jammie, went shopping, read, decorated, slept in the next day, took a bath and even shaved my legs with no interruptions! Did I mention no bottles or diapers? WOW! Thanks Rae!
- We went to Salem Pond and had a picnic and played for a little while... Rae had been swinging the kids and doing "underdogs" and so that's what they wanted to do all afternoon. Except Owen thought for sure they were called "underpants," so he kept asking for "more underpants, please!" He is so funny!
- I was watching conference on Sunday, and looked out the window to see a HUGE sign that read, "WOW, Em's now 30!" It was probably 4'x8' and was painted in red and black. HONEY! It wasn't even on paper so I could rip it down - it was on a piece of plywood DRILLED into a pre-existing sign in front of our house! Even though it was quite embarrasing, it was nice of my hubby to think of me on my birthday!
- My cute neighbor Hannah brought over a darling cake that she had made... it made my night! Owen especially liked the gummy bear border!
- We went and brushed all our horses and Owen rode his pony, Willie. He just wants to go FAST! I wonder where he gets that from....?
So there are some of the highlights of our weekend! Thanks to everyone for a great birthday!
- We went and brushed all our horses and Owen rode his pony, Willie. He just wants to go FAST! I wonder where he gets that from....?
So there are some of the highlights of our weekend! Thanks to everyone for a great birthday!
3 comments:
Dont! That sign is so funny! Only T would actually make it on ply-wood and drill it to another sign! ha ha! Happy Birthday!
30 years old! OMG! Loved to read about your week. What a great family! Still, 30 years old - wow!
EM! Happy Birthday! I have totally spaced this one! When can I take you out? I love that sign that T made! Oh, I can tell that you enjoyed your birthday and you deserve it! Enjoy this year!!
Post a Comment