Wednesday, October 5, 2011

9-11 at Station 81

The Lehi Fire Department held a beautiful 9-11 Memorial Service.
My dad had the opportunity to speak, and did an exceptional job.  I would love to get a copy of his speech and post it.  There were 343 firefighters who lost their lives, and so 343 American Flags were flying in the front of the station.  A slide show that depicted the days events was a good reminder of all that went on that day.  I left feeling so proud to be a part of the Firefighter's Family as well as sad for those families who lost a loved one.  

 Little Aiden enjoying her cookie...




 Doesn't my dad look nice all dressed up?


Love this picture of my parents together!

My Aunt Becky and little JJ

Owen's face after his cookie.  Out. Of. Control.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I love this! Thank you for sharing this. Your dad does looking very dashing in his uniform. Seeing all those flags in the grass totally choked me up. What a neat thing for your kids to experience.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

How neat. I am glad they took the time to make that a wonderful event. I love that picture of your parents! What an amazing couple! Thanks to all you firefighters and families for sacrificing so much!

Sarah said...

I'm sad I missed it! Dad looks great, and oh wow, a pic of them smiling together!!