Before church yesterday, I told Owen that is was fast Sunday and explained the whole thing to him. Through him asking me questions, I brought up the fact that if you pay your tithing, the "destroying angels" will pass by you (and yes, I got it mixed up with the Word of Wisdom's promise). Anyhow, I told him what a testimony is and we talked about what HE believed. He told me he wanted to say his testimony.
So all during sacrament meeting he was antsy and excited. Couldn't wait for it to be over so he could go say his testimony. And he did! He walked up to the front (from the very back) all by himself, and did it. He didn't say everything he wanted to (I always forget, too!), but one thing that stood out to most everyone was this: If you don't live righteously, you will be destroyed!"
He talks pretty loud, too - so it made it that much more dramatic. Thanks, Owen, for your great example. I will try to choose the right always, so I won't be destroyed!
3 comments:
it ws the best part of sacrament meeting:)
So cute! I love this kid and I haven't even met him! :)
so cute! don't!
Post a Comment