Monday, February 28, 2011

The Dentist

When I told Owen that he had a dentist appointment a few weeks ago, he cheered. Really? He freaking loves life!! He seriously counted down the days until he got to go to the dentist. So just for fun, here's a little background.

I was telling him that he needs to brush his teeth a little better and every day at least 2 times... or he would possibly get cavities. I explained what a cavity is, and told him that it might hurt if he had to get one fixed. Then I opened up my big mouth and told him that sometimes the dentist gives you laughing gas... which opened up a can of worms. I LOVE LAUGHING GAS. LOVE! And my enthusiasm showed... 'cause next thing I know, Owen doesn't want to brush his teeth, because he WANTS to get a cavity, so he can get laughing gas. Backfire!

Anyhow, I got him to brush his teeth regularly and lo and behold, him and Anna are CAVITY FREE! I really was surprised, 'cause we eat a lot of treats at our house! But Owen was SO EXCITED and said he knew all along he had no cavities. He acted like it was a trip to Lagoon or something. Anna HATED it. She cried and cried. This is her 2nd appointment, but still there is no love.

The dentist told Owen he will probably lose at least one tooth before kindgergarten. He told us that four of them were loose. Bring on the tooth fairy!!

This is Anna's attempt at saying "aaaaagggghhhh" for the camera!

Owen loving the dentist chair... !


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Man, I love Owen. He did mention a 'countdown' to the dentist day, now that I think of it.