at the neighbors house today. We pulled up to the house and Owen jumped out to go play with his friends. I watched him cross the street, knock at the door, and go in. Totally a normal occurance. (when we first moved into the neighborhood, I would call the mom to make sure it was ok, or walk him to the house and ask permission - but now I am a bit more laid back).
Anyway, an hour passes and I think, hmmmm... I should probably go get Owen and have him come home. So I walk across the street and as I get closer to the door, I hear (screaming) "Mom! Help me! I'm locked up! Open the door!" I can then see Owen through the front window blinds crying his little heart out.
I try the door and it is locked. I am giving him instructions through the window (get a chair, try the deadbolt at the top of the door, go to the back door, etc.) All he wants is for me to open the door! It was so sad!
I call my dad first (T is elk hunting for the night). He is on his way to help get in the house. I was about to call another neighbor to get a cell phone number of the locked neighbor's house... when the garage door opens and I see the (hooray!) white van pulling in to save the day.
So Owen must have knocked and no one answered, so he helped himself in. I am not sure how their locking system works, but I know it is extensive! Child proofed to the max! So he must have tried to get out and accidentally locked himself in. Poor kid - one whole hour. He told me that he didn't cry the whole time, so that's good! I just hope he learned his lesson.
Did I mention that the Fire Department came? Yeah, my dad was about 20 minutes away from my house, so having a little connection, he called the captain on duty and had them come to help me! I found this out right after Owen was "rescued" and it was too late. The red engine was just pulling up. Kind of embarrassing. But on the other hand, nice to know I have family and friends to count on when I need them!
So thank you to my dad, "C" shift, and Owen's brave little heart!
4 comments:
Poor Owen!!! That must have been so scary! At least he was brave enough to get a visit from the fire dept;O)haha
Poor little guy! But sounds like he's braver than I would've been. Glad he's okay.
Hey Em! I found your blog and Becca's. What a cute family! Your kids are adorable and you looks wonderful as ever. I hope you don't mind I peeked at your blog. :) We have a blog, but it's private. Let me know if you want an invite- jonellerose85@hotmail.com or spenny.nellie@gmail.com
Oh dear. So glad he is OK. So scary for a little guy.
Post a Comment